This article aims to teach you how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon. It will also include tips on how to increase your chance of success.
Pokemon Go currently features Pokemon from multiple generations; the most recent Eevee Evolution to the game is Sylveon which was added in generation 6. Sylveon evolves based on your Affection, Friendship, and other stats in the main Pokemon games. This maps to the Pokemon Buddy Feature of Pokemon Go.
The nickname trick works with Sylveon. You can get it by taking an Eevee, renaming it Kira, and then evolving it. You’ll receive a Sylveon the first time you do it. You will need to evolve into Sylveon the traditional way after this. This is a one-time trick that you can only do once per eeveelution.
To further evolve Eevee into Sylveon, you will need to obtain 70 Buddy Hearts together with an Eevee. Whether you want to become more game, New PS Plus Extra Game is for you!
This puts your relationship with that Pokemon at the Great Buddy’ level. You can then evolve the Eevee to Sylveon by eating 25 Eevee candy.
How to Evolve Eevee Into Sylveon: Step-by-Step Guide
Eevee now has a new evolutionary form: Sylveon, thanks to the introduction of the Fairy type in Pokemon X/Y. Sylveon, a Fairy-type Evolution of Eevee, has high Special Defense stats. Sylveon’s evolution is done using the Pokemon-Amie feature found in Pokemon X, Y. This method differs from the way to reach any other Eevee evolutionary form. It’s possible to accomplish this in just 10-15 minutes if you take the right approach. This guide is for X/Y. The steps are generally the same, but some locations might be different. For more information, see Step 1 below!
Step 1: If you don’t have an Eevee, catch one. Sylveon, an evolved Eevee, can only be caught in this game. You will need to have an Eevee as a starting point. You can move on to the next step if you have one already caught. If not, you will need to catch one.
- Eevees are found on Route 10, between Geosenge Town (X) and Cyllage City (Y).
- Going to the Pokemon Ranch, you can find an Eevee in Pokemon Sun and Moon (and Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon).
- You can also catch Eevees in the Friend Safari. This area uses a Friend Code from another player to create an area containing Pokemon only one type of. Eevee is Normal-type, so you will need a Friend Code to generate a Normal-type safari.
- Eevee is also available through a trade with another player.
Step 2:Teach your Eevee Fairy-type moves. Eevee must be able to learn at least one Fairy-type move to evolve into Sylveon. Sylveon can be evolved without moonstones, unlike other Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefable.
- Eevee can learn two Fairy-type moves by leveling up: Charm at Level 29 and Baby-doll eyes at Level 9.
- Eevee cannot learn Fairy-type moves from TMs.
Step 3: Get two affection hearts from Eevee in Pokemon-Amie. Second, your Eevee must possess at least two affection hearts in Pokemon-Amie to evolve into Sylveon. Pokemon X and Y now have Pokemon-Amie, a new feature that allows players to bond with their Pokemon through playing minigames, petting them, feeding them, and allowing them to play with other Pokemon. This feature is also available for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. You can find it in PlayNav.
- Before you proceed, pamper your Eevee with Pokemon-Amie until at least two Affection Hearts have been earned. This can be done either after or before you have taught your Fairy-type move to it. You should only get 2-3 hearts because Eevee may become Espeon or Umbreon if it has reached maximum affection.
Step 4: Increase the level. Step 4: Level it up. This can be done through random battles or fights with other trainers. If all conditions are met, your Eevee will evolve into Sylveon as soon as it reaches its maximum level. Congratulations!
Step 5: When leveling up, avoid areas that have moss or ice rocks. Although your Eevee will evolve into a Sylveon if it is leveled up in most areas, there are some important exceptions. Failure to follow these exceptions could cause your Eevee’s evolution into an unwelcome form. To achieve evolution, two of Eevee’s evolved forms, Leafeon or Glaceon, require that you level up your Eevee close to a moss and ice rock. No matter if you meet the Sylveon conditions, if you level up your Eevee close to either one, it will evolve into the other form. The spots to avoid in Pokemon X or Y are:
- Route 20 contains a moss rock.
- Frost Cavern is home to an ice rock.
- You’ll want to avoid the northern portion of Lush Jungle, where you will find the Moss Rock and the cave on Mount Lanakila in Pokemon Sun and Moon (and Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon).
How to Rename Eevee to Evolve Into Sylveon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon?
Evolving Eevee with the required 25 Eevee candy can produce random evolution. You can, however, control the type of monster it becomes by renaming it before you create it.
- Rename “Kira” to make it Fairy-type Sylveon
- Rename “Linnea” to evolve into Grass-type Leafeon
- Rename “Rea” to evolve into Ice-type Glaceon
- Rename “Sakura” to make it a Psychic-type Espeon
- Rename “Tamao” to evolve into Dark-type Umbreon
- Rename “Rainer” to evolve into a Water-type Vaporeon
- Rename “Sparky” to evolve into Electric-type Jolteon
- Rename “Pyro” to evolve into Fire-type Flareon
These caveats are necessary. This works only once per evolution. If you intend to use your Eeveelution for battle, ensure you choose an Eevee with good stats. The only way to guarantee Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon evolution is through the naming trick. Once you have done it once, it will be random for you to get another. However, there are ways to evolve the Eevee varieties of Eevee more than once consistently.
How to Get Shiny Eevee Evolutions?
There are only two ways to get a Shiny Eevee Evolution. You can either catch them when they spawn in nature, or you can catch one and then evolve it using one of the methods listed here. You should wait to use the name method to evolve Eevee to ensure a shiny Eevee. Otherwise, you’ll be waiting and hoping the gods will give you a chance at random evolution options. Good luck!
How to Evolve Into Espeon and Umbreon?
You can use the above name trick to obtain Espeon or Umbreon your first time. To evolve an Eevee called Tamao, or an Eevee called Sakura, you can create an Umbreon. You’ll then need to evolve them by following specific goals. You can also evolve Espeon or Umbreon based on their in-game evolution method in Pokemon Gold back on the Game Boy. This is based on the day. You will first need to establish a friendship with your Eevee to do this. You can set them up as your buddy Pokemon, and you should walk as often as possible with them.
After you have walked 10 km with the Eevee as your Friend Pokemon, it is ready to evolve into Epseon and Umbreon. You can evolve in either the day or night for Espeon, and you don’t have to do this limit.
How to Get and Use The Glacial Lure & Mossy Lure to Get Glaceon and Leafeon?
Glaceon and Leafeon are the last Eeveelutions in Pokemon Go. This duo has the best evolution method. To get Glaceon or Leafeon, you can use the name trick again. Name your Eevee Rea to evolve into Glaceon and your Eevee Lilia to evolve into Leafeon. To evolve these Pokemon, you will need to fulfill some requirements.
Eevee Evolutions Ranked
Pokemon Types are vital to Pokemon Go. It is essential to know how each Eevee Evolution ranks compared to other Pokemon of the same type. Also, it is easier to get them compared with their robust counterparts. Let’s have a look at this:
- Although Flareon may not be as powerful as Entei or Moltres, it is still a legendary Pokemon that cannot easily be found, captured, or powered up. Flareon is still the best non-legendary flame Pokemon option in the game.
- Both Kyogre and Gyarados defeat Vaporeon. Kyogre is another legend, while Gyarados, which is much more difficult to evolve from the lowly Magikarp, is just a hair stronger overall. This is an excellent option for water Pokemon, along with something like a Blastoise and a good IV.
- Jolteon isn’t the most popular Pokemon, but it’s in a similar position to Flareon. It’s an excellent, viable, electric-type Pokemon, that can only be beaten by legendary beasts Raikou and Zapdos.
- Espeon may have fewer Psychic-type competitors than its counterparts, but it still has Mewtwo or Latios to contend with. Although it is a bit worse than the pair, it is still superior to all other Psychic Pokemon.
- Umbereon is a Dark-type Pokemon that ranks among the top in the game. It’s only beaten in extremely effective damage output by Tyranitar. This third evolution is one of the most powerful Pokemon in the game. It’s impossible to match any other Dark-type Pokemon.
- Leafeon, a solid-type Pokemon of grass, has some decent moves. It’s stronger than Venusaur and Torterra but inferior to Exeggutor (including its Alolan version), Shaymin, and Legendary Celebi.
- Glaceon is the strongest of the gen 4 Evolutions for Eevee. It ranks second to Mamoswine, legendary Pokemon Regice, and Articuno as the best ice-type Pokemon. It easily outclasses Jynx and Weavile.
How to Evolve Eevee Into Sylveon FAQs
Evolving Eevee with the required 25 Eevee candy results in a random evolution. You can change the type of Eevee it becomes by renaming it before you evolve: Rename “Kira” to transform into a Fairy-type Sylveon. Rename “Linnea” to evolve into Grass-type Leafeon.
To unlock more milestones quicker, you can either walk with the Eevee or battle it in AR mode. You can also take photos of it at Pokestops and give it special treats during special events. It will become Sylveon once you have 70 hearts.
To evolve Eevee into Sylveon, you must get it to Great Buddy (70 hearts).
This works: Give the Eevee that you wish to evolve a nickname. When you view the Eevee, the outline of your desired monster should be displayed on the evolve button. You’ll get the eeveelution that you want by tapping the button.
Sylveon can be evolved without the use of moonstones, unlike other Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefable. Eevee can learn two Fairy-type moves by leveling up: Charm at Level 29 and Baby-doll eyes at Level 9. Eevee cannot learn Fairy-type moves using TMs.
Finally, If you are curious about the origin of these names, it is a nod to the Pokemon anime fans. It’s a nice little Easter egg for those who have been very dedicated to the series. The names of the “Eevee brothers” that appear in the Pokemon anime are Rainer, Sparky, and Pyro. Episode 40 features the first three Eevee evolutions, their owners, and siblings. They meet Ash and Pikachu. Each brother has his Eevee, and the Eevee give their names after they meet. Red Dead Redemption 2: Vomit gives you more game information about game or something to think about a new plan.
Sakura gets an Espeon later in the series. Tamao, one of the five Kimono sisters, also uses an Esepon. Glaceon (Leafeon), and Rea (Glaceon), are names taken from NPCs who use the eeveelutions found in the Eevium Z quest for Pokemon Sun & Moon. This is all there is to it!
Images and videos included from "Creative Commons License", "www.pexels.com".